Tips and things to know about our Fraser Island Tours
Our tours take you into the best areas of this environmentally sensitive region and discover its precious eco-systems, abundant wildlife and natural beauty.
Throughout the day you will touch on and appreciate nature’s magnificent paradox.
Seemingly endless golden beaches encompass towering hardwood forests, barren heathland, pristine rainforests, huge creeping sandblow deserts, crystal clear freshwater lakes, gurgling blood red streams, prehistoric ferns, mosaic coloured sands.
There are no "Extras"
We do not charge for – National Park fees
Fraser Island Ferry
Icy cold beer, wine and soft drinks which are complimentary with our BBQ lunch
Remember this is a “real” 4×4 “off-road” tour where conditions can be rather rough at times.
Conditions vary daily – Some days really good – GREAT!
Some days quite bad – GROAN!
We do not recommend for the following:
- Young children under 4 years of age
- Bad Backs/Necks etc
- Advanced pregnancy
- Senior seniors
- Motion sickness prone
If in doubt please just ASK us.
Front seats never guaranteed – we try to rotate passenger seating all day.
Dress casual but comfortable it is a long day.
Useful General Information
The following information is a guide only for approximate travel times and main site visitation periods
- Noosa to Rainbow Beach – One hour 30 mins each way am/pm
- Rainbow Beach to Eurong – 60 – 80 mins each way am/pm
(includes 15 mins ferry crossing)
- **morning & afternoon tea stops – approx. 20 mins each
- Eurong to Lake McKenzie or Lake Birrabeen – 60 mins maximum
- Time at Lake’s region – 2 hours maximum (QPWS Regulations)
Includes swim & lunch
- Lake’s region to Central Station/Rainforest – 30 mins maximum
- Time at Central Station – 2 hours maximum (QPWS Regulations)
Rainforest walk (and lunch if necessary) (without lunch – 45mins stop)
- Eurong to Shipwreck/Eli Creek – 30 mins each way
- Time at Eli Creek & Shipwreck – Varies on weather/tide conditions
All times and tour routes can and often are changed due to weather/tides/beach/track and traffic conditions.